Sunday 16 September 2012

GRAND KARNAK




When was the next time you were pathetic?
That picnic at Karnak with the girls?
You and me (or I, -  a saint may choose,)
With the hamper
On our defective tilting humper?
Four legs being better than three, Piggles,
Especially with camels.

You were pretty dizzy.
It was just too big to put in a poke,  that temple,
Just too grand for a nauseated pigling.
It was just too much.
We squinted up at the inadequate ceiling,
Miles above my tonsura
Miles above little Laura with the aura,
Miles above the glowing nimbi of the holy bimbi,
Miles above your quivering pink snout,
(Well, maybe not miles!)
And you were literally
sickened again.

I know the guide we settled for didn’t help
Much.
Startling teeth,  princess shoulders,
Bottom of an Irish cook and the smell of Nubia.
She reminded you of your mum,
Gave us some Theban tedium,
Not one joke!
You, nip-conscious,
Kept out of her way.

For me the highlight was the belly-dance.
BOUM BOUM!
Saint Fatima,  bless her, big and beautiful,
Thighs like a glass of Guinness,
Livening up the picnic
With two tassels, a fig-leaf
And that fat scarab in her bouncing navel.
BOUM BOUM1
You weren’t too impressed. (Surprise, surprise!)
Dare say you don’t remember much,
Being these days very
Dead.
But I have only to close my eyes:

BOUM BOUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment