Thursday 24 December 2015

   

PORTRAITS


 


 Who was the joker who painted that portrait of you?

Augustine/John?
One or the other, saints both, bless them!

Whoever, he got carried away,
Fell over his easel
Easily done I said
He did not smile.

Then he fed his colours,
Pinks exclusively,
Into your
Piggy image.

You to the life, Piggles,

Pink and pathetic,
Delicately blushing
But no-one would notice.

Suddenly -  ‘What was that falling?

A shadow of Yaddo?

No, it was the sun.

It was the onset of the sunset.


Augustine/John smiled as
The pink light rubbed you out..
'If it’s there I paint it,
If it’s not I don’t.’
He said.

In the end
You were the pigling nobody needed to paint.
You were the ‘Pig at Sunset’s Onset.
Subsumed by a pink window,

I was disappointed.
I really wanted that painting.
You, however, were short on opinion.
You did not comment
Which was expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment